Posted Apr. 24, 2023
The Production Lead is responsible for assisting in all processing operations and workforce performance, ensuring efficiency and timeliness.
Role / Responsibilities
- Implement a Quality Control Plan (QCP) and utilize QCP to produce the highest quality certified beach sand.
- Lead a highly efficient process for producing 1,000,000 tons of in spec beach sand, annually, based on a 10-hour production shift.
- Lead quality control lab technician and crew responsible for operation of pit, plant, and heavy mobile equipment with 95% targeted availability.
- Monitor and log production and stockpiling inventory and recording.
- Responsible for crew knowledge and accountability for meeting MSHA standards, such as work area inspections.
- Responsible for plant and mobile equipment housekeeping, inspections, timely communications of findings to management on a daily basis and completion of work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting in all areas of safety, hiring/terminations, personnel needs/issues, and employee discipline.
- Accountable for employee/task training to provide safe work environment and document accordingly.
- Work with MSHA to ensure timely compliance.
- Work with USACE in all aspects to satisfy compliance.
- Initiate CMEC certification and program for compliance regulation.
- Responsible for completion of task training and proper documentation.
- Support and fill in for managers when necessary.
- Notify management of maintenance and production shutdowns.
- Involvement in project planning and execution.
- Responsible for assisting in the achievement of established budgetary goals.
- Responsible for adhering to all DEP Environmental Permit guidelines.
- Proactively manage beach sand moisture content for shipping.
- Responsible for maximizing pit recovery with high degree of emphasis.
- Coordinate with management on employee schedules.
- In the event of one’s absence, ensure a mine representative is always available and onsite.
- Always maintain successful community relations; communicate and foster harmonious neighborly relationships with adjacent landowners and community.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Highly effective leadership skills with the ability to engage with all levels of management and subordinates and maintain a reliable, efficient production crew.
- Extensive knowledge of quality control requirements for sand, aggregates, and fill materials.
- Extensive knowledge of sand mining, pumping and heavy equipment maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize workplace safety hazards and implement necessary corrections while conforming to MSHSA regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of CFR Part 48.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high stress environment.
- Ability to operate all pit equipment.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment and respond accordingly.
- Ability to perform inspections, required corrections and repairs, and safely use equipment.
- Ability to perform all in-house quality control testing and work with outside labs for testing requiring additional equipment.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours and be on call, as business needs dictate.
- Valid driver's license.
Experience / Skills Desired
- Knowledge and experience at mining and/or construction site.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing.
- Must be able to handle physically demanding tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to withstand continued exposure to the elements including inclement weather and varying heat/cold conditions.
- Attend and participate in required trainings as necessary and as required by MSHA.