The Project Administrator provides primary administrative support for construction projects from initial bid phase to closeout. The Project Administrator serves as the liaison between the project team and the accounting/finance department ensuring all accounting standard operating procedures and policies are followed. This role includes a wide range of responsibilities related to contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, insurance, invoicing, payables, lien waivers, notice to contractors and cost/budget reports.
Role / Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support for prospective and active projects.
- Maintain active registration accounts with contractors and compliance sites.
- Track bid/proposal requests and submissions.
- Assist with review of bids and contracts.
- Assist with schedule development and management.
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly client billings / AIA invoices.
- Track all project’s costs from invoice to payment (process, code, and enter invoices, purchase orders and subcontractor requests for payment).
- Assist with the collection of accounts receivable as requested for the project.
- Prepare and document items required for subcontractor check release, including Releases of Lien and Releases of Claim as required.
- Manage all contractor/subcontractor requirements including Insurance and Releases.
- Assist with contracts, change orders, notices log and close outs.
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate billing reconciliations to job cost.
- Assist with accounting reports/issues as needed and audit/reconcile the job cost detail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills Required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize among competing responsibilities.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
Experience / Skills Desired
- Accounting experience with a preference to construction.
- Accounting software experience.
- Project management software experience.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Administrative and Construction Industry Experience Preferred.
- Knowledge of Office 365 – Microsoft SharePoint and/or ability to learn quickly.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.