Clewiston, FL/Moore Haven, FL
Posted Apr. 28, 2023
The Scale Operator will oversee lightweight and heavyweight scales to weigh in-bound and out-bound trucks, empty and loaded with sand product, and operate scale software.
Role / Responsibilities
- Operate scales to weigh trucks in-bound and out-bound.
- Monitor all trucks for clean beds at light weight scale and before loading.
- Distribute tickets to truck drivers.
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers, truck drivers and Logistics Manager on shipping schedules.
- Operate scale software for ticket reporting and distribution to accounts payable.
- Understand and enforce all D.O.T related regulations regarding sand hauling.
- Receive and enforce rules in relation to policies of workplace hazard and MSHA requirements, such as enforce speed limits and trash disposal.
- Take inventory of all critical spare hardware such as printers, tickets, ribbon, supplies, etc.
- Notify Logistics Manager of any and all inventory needs and assist with reorders at low or critical levels.
- General housekeeping of scale house, offices, and bathroom areas; includes sweeping, vacuuming, pressure washing, weed eating, and mowing (operate push or riding mower or tractor); administer cleaning supplies, pest and weed killers.
- Adhere to all policies, safety rules, guidelines, and codes; understand and comply with MSHA regulations.
- Assist enforcement of workplace hazard and MSHA requirements.
- Maintain successful community relations with adjacent landowners and community.
- Represent Garcia Mining Company with high integrity, consistent with company core values.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to operate any essential equipment pertaining to the position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and dispatchers.
- Fulfill simple oral and written instructions and resolve issues that arise with truck drivers and dispatchers.
- Proficient mathematical skills, including utilizing scale software, excel and other technical programs.
- Ability to work with cameras, DVR recorders, and ability to troubleshoot fundamental hardware problems.
- Ability to detect malfunctioning equipment and respond accordingly.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work well with others in a high pace work environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Experience / Skills Desired
- Computer/technical experience.
- Knowledge and experience at mining and/or construction site.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Lift 25+/- pounds.
- Attend and participate in required training as necessary and as required by MSHA.