Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Aug. 29, 2023
The Senior Accountant will support all Garcia companies and related individuals by preparing various financial statements; performing internal audit functions, income tax compliance, and research, and assisting with special projects as needed.
Role / Responsibilities
- Utilize accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Prepare all necessary work papers and source documentation to support financial statement and tax return positions.
- Produce stand-alone and consolidated financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns for all Garcia businesses (including partnerships, S-corporations, trusts, and non-profit organizations) and related individuals.
- Assemble financial statements and footnotes for external audits and reviews.
- Prepare personal financial statements for key individuals.
- Assist with budget preparation and periodic reporting of budget-to-actual results.
- Research accounting and tax issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or higher (or equivalent experience).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Detail-oriented with an audit mindset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize among competing responsibilities.
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
Experience / Skills Desired
- CPA license.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Tax experience.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.