Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Aug. 14, 2023
The Tax Specialist will support all Garcia companies and related individuals by performing income tax compliance, financial reporting and research, and will assist with special projects as needed.
Role / Responsibilities
- Prepare and file federal and state income tax returns for all Garcia businesses (including partnerships, S-corporations, trusts, and non-profit organizations) and related individuals.
- Prepare tax-basis financial statements.
- Compile financial statements and footnotes for company audits/reviews.
- Prepare all necessary work papers and source documentation to support financial statement and tax return positions.
- Compute complex tax calculations (263A, 199A, etc.)
- Compile personal financial statements for key individuals.
- Track individuals’ tax bases in companies.
- Monitor tax law changes and application to all Garcia companies and related individuals.
- Assist with budget preparation and periodic reporting of budget-to-actual results.
- Utilize accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Research tax and accounting issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or higher (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years tax experience including preparation of individual and business tax returns.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize among competing responsibilities.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
Experience / Skills Desired
- CPA license
- Public Accounting experience
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.